Okay, now for the links. We gave a shout out to Dan’s poll in this episode. Be sure to take our poll about Hawkeye and Legolas too.
We talk about Brandon Sanderson, and you can find his first law here. It’s a good read.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I enjoy writing fantasy and science fiction, and I'm excited to get some more board game video reviews for you.
* Tom, saying that the Flash is faster than Sonic the Hedgehog because “Sonic is fictional.”
* Congratulations Abinadi and Natalie! I’m glad you’re coming to SNL night. We need to educate those Wright people.
* Abinadi: “I have made my peace with that comment. Goodbye comment.”
* Abinadi asking if Legolas is fast enough to dodge a wrench. Because if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an arrow.
* 13 episodes per season? What is this, British television?
* Tom: “The Beastie Boys rap?”
Requests for Season 2:
* Make more polls. More polls. POLLS!
* Talk about board games. If you must, contact the Wells brothers and demand that they do a board game episode so that you can critique it.
* We want fist-fights. And if not fist-fights, then screaming fits and tears. And if not screaming fits and tears, then impassioned speeches. Give the people what they want!
British television? Hilarious. Also, we have one episode per week. A season of weather is thirteen weeks. Ergo, it makes plenty of sense to have our seasons last for thirteen episodes.
I’m gonna have to agree with your highlights, Ree. It feels cheap to co-opt your work, but I think you hit everything I would have. Except for Tom’s inability to say the word paltry. Saltry? Close.
The Beastie Boys are hip hop, hard to call them rap? I don’t know the technical difference, but that’s how I feel about. If I feel it, it’s true.
I agree the polls should be limited in options. Write-ins really dilute. I am out of time. More to come.
Isn’t it fair to say that rap is a subset of hip hop?
So Hawkeye’s arrows are like Batman’s utility belt – everything he needs is in his quiver. Superman – “I can leap tall building in a single bound, stop bullets and see through walls!” Hawkeye – “I have an arrow for that!”
Are you saying that the “I have an arrow for that” thing is taken to the point of being ridiculous? Or are you saying that the quiver is well-stocked enough to defeat Legolas?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *